The objects of the CIO are:
WP&UP exists for the public benefit; to promote and protect the physical and mental health for those who primarily – but not exclusively – work within the WordPress community, its associated sectors and downstream providers through such education and support as the trustees deem appropriate, in particular by:-
- providing business coaching delivered in-person and via digital mediums;
- providing training services to deliver improved coding standards;
- promoting direct support for improved physical health;
- delivering events, training and services focused on developing positive mental health; and
- promoting best practices for companies within the community to support positive mental and physical health for employees.
Nothing in this constitution shall authorise an application of the property of the CIO for the purposes which are not charitable in accordance with [section 7 of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005] and [section 2 of the Charities Act (Northern Ireland) 2008].